A low-code development platform is a software platform that is able to provide a development environment that can be used to create application software. This platform makes use of graphical user interfaces and configuration, unlike traditional hand-coded computer programming.
Both developers and non-developers have the luxury of using these tools to practice rapid application development.
No-code development platforms provide drag-and-drop tools that help businesses to develop software quickly without any prior coding knowledge.
|Top 5 No-Code Development Platforms Software
|Top 5 Low-Code Development Platforms Software
Nintex Process Platform
IAR Embedded Workbench
Oracle Application Express
Top 5 No-Code Development Platform Reviews
This software platform enables users to build the solutions that they need to increase agility within their teams.
Airtable looks a lot like a spreadsheet but has building blocks that assist teams to model what they are working on by creating views that are specifically tailored for their type of work. Teams are also able to adapt their software whenever their goals change. Visit www.airtable.com for more information.
|· Complete software
· Works like a spreadsheet and is also capable of attaching files
· Drop-down options and checkboxes
· Ease of use – using filters is easy and blocks can be used for bulk editing
· An array of templates and you can also opt to create your own from scratch.
· Great view options
· Allows users to go from grid appearance to form appearance
· Easily tracks project progress
|· Even if a user is well-versed with Excel, it may not be very easy navigating this software
· The process of copy, paste and highlighting cells is not as easy as it is in Excel
· Lack of formula builder
· Payment types are not very friendly
· More expensive than other similar online collaboration tools
· Lack of communication solutions
· The platform does not auto-refresh
Appy Pie is a no-code solution that will help its users to start, run and grow their business in a well-rounded manner. You can get started with Appy Pie’s mobile app builder by visiting https://www.appypie.com/app-builder
|· Tons of features, in fact more than any other platform on the market
· User-friendly design
· Lots of options for creating a custom app on Android or iOS operating systems
· Extremely customizable with many great features
· Creates apps for any device
· Makes application development more accessible to the average consumer
· They offer a free trial mode
|· Can be unstable
· Customer service leaves much to be desired
AppSheet is one of the most intelligent no-code platforms. It is used by over 200,000 app creators around the world and assists users to build a No Code App in 4 Ways:
1) Connect your data sources
2) Copy a sample app
3) Use an Add-On for Google Sheets, Forms, or Excel
4) Start from SPEC, which is a natural language declarative programming tool
|· Synchronization of data from spreadsheets.
· Updates are live from One Drive data sources.
· Handy layouts for using own data.
· Amazing YouTube instruction videos
· An Excellent and vibrant community
· Live webinars available to help users to walk through different actions
|· Mostly end to end, single track how-to processes
· Lacks how-to questions from users to create step by step chronological routes to reach intended results
Visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tzwu8mY-gI for an introduction to AppSheet.
Nintex Process Platform
The Nintex Process Platform allows users to easily manage, automate, and optimize their business processes. It includes capabilities for process mapping, workflow automation, robotic process automation, document generation, mobile apps, process analytics, forms and various others. It is an easy to use drag and drop designer.
For a Nintex Process Platform overview visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRHTGtWpfVg
|· Excellent visual programming
· More functionality than most other out of the box workflows
· SharePoint workflows
· Sitebound workflows
· Security trimming fields that are based on SharePoint user groups
· Extremely visual and the user can view the entire process
|· The modern form template does not include functionality like buttons
· Most of their available training focuses on the older template designer.
· The older template designer is difficult to work in
Salesforce Platform provides its users with a full suite of tools for building apps that can automate business processes quickly and reliably. This platform allows users to collaborate in real time. It also boasts enterprise-level control and integrated identity features. www.salesforce.com
|· This is a very powerful CRM platform
· The user is able to add or remove features to suit their needs
· It is easy to find sales reps who know how to use the software as it is a very popular program
|· It is quite costly, and you have to pay for add-ons to get the most out of the software
· Configuration and setup can be extremely complex and time-consuming
· It has a cluttered interface
· Poor customer support
· Top 5 Low Code Development Platform Reviews
Spring Boot allows users to easily create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications. Most Spring Boot applications need very little Spring configuration.
- Create stand-alone Spring applications
- Automatically configure Spring whenever possible
- Provide production-ready features such as metrics, health checks and externalized configuration
- No code generation and no requirement for XML configuration
Click on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPkZShrvXQ for a tutorial video on Springboot.
|· Reduces the time spent on development
· Increases efficiency of the development team
· Comes with embedded HTTP servers.
· The integration of Spring Boot with the Spring ecosystem is easy.
· Provides an array of plugins that developers can use to work with
· Allows for easily connecting with database and queue services
· Provides admin support
· Flexibility when configuring XML configurations, Java Beans, and Database Transaction.
|· A user has to understand a lot of the underlying Spring systems along with some advanced topics in order to modify and troubleshoot the platform
· Some developers don’t recommend the framework for building large apps
· If the user is not familiar with other projects of the Spring system, they may miss a few concepts
Kissflow is a Unified Digital Workplace Platform that allows you to manage all of your work from one place and is currently used by over 10,000 customers across 160 countries
This platform assists users to discover, create, modify, and use business applications. No coding or complex mapping is required when using this platform. www.kissflow.com
|· Users design their own workflow by determining what information is required, who a ticket routes to, and who gives final approval.
· Interact with other involved parties easily
· Easy access your complete ticket history
· Streamlines invoice approval process.
· Holds people accountable for their purchases.
|· User friendliness is more on the average side
· Difficult to export reports to personal email
· Slow response to technical issues
IAR Embedded Workbench
IAR Embedded Workbench is a development environment that can be used for the programming of processors in embedded systems.
See https://www.iar.com/iar-embedded-workbench/#!?architecture=RISC-V for more information.
|· Gives you a complete IDE with everything you need in one single view
· Support for multiple embedded platforms and a complete debugger and C/C++ compiler toolchain for building and debugging embedded applications.
· An Integrated development environment with project management tools
· Highly optimizing C and C++ compiler
· Multi-file compilation support
|· Supports many architectures but some architectures currently not supported
· It has support for only a few hardware debuggers and emulators
· The user has to install different IDE for each architecture
· It can take a large amount of time while loading and debugging
· A Workbench license is quite expensive
The Pega Platform allows its users to power digital transformation by unifying artificial intelligence, intelligent automation, and customer engagement capabilities.
Pega has a model-driven approach that can deliver an agile application with a no-code authoring experience. To learn more visit: https://www.pega.com/platform-trial
|· Adaptive analytics
· This platform allows you to feed data from all your interactions into their interaction history
· The program learns from past behavior and it starts predicting the best course of action
· Pega provides a robust list of user cases on their website so that you can learn how to implement that app within your business
· Build a totally customizable UI
· Build logic that replaces decisioning by removing a lot of manual touch
· Relatively simple to integrate with other tools due to it being an open API
|· Requires a lot of technical help to set up
· Pega academy is a resource that is only available for clients
Oracle Application Express
Oracle Application Express allows you to design, develop and deploy attractive and responsive, database-driven applications by only using your web browser
|· Oracle Application Express is tightly integrated with all the power of the Oracle database which is the best RDBMS in the world
· This can help to promote declarative Rapid Application Development and in turn provide tremendous business value by shortening development cycles
|· Printing in good shape is not that easy
· Diagrams and charts lack detail
· Deployment on an OnPremise DB is not very simple.
· Many steps need to be followed
Visit: https://apex.oracle.com/en/ for more information on Oracle Application Express.